We believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible. And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Only-begotten, begotten of the Father before all ages; Light of Light, true God of true God; begotten, not made, of one essence with the Father; by whom all things were made; Who for us men, and for our salvation, came down from the heavens, and was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and of the Virgin Mary, and became man; And was crucified for us under Pontius Pilate, and suffered, and was buried, and arose again on the third day according to the Scriptures, and ascended into the heavens, and sitteth at the right hand of the Father; and shall come again, with glory, to judge both living and the dead; Whose kingdom shall have no end. And in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the Giver of Life, who proceedeth from the Father; Who with the Father and the Son together is worshiped and glorified; who spake by the prophets. In One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. We confess one baptism for the remission of sins, we look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the age to come. Amen.
We provide a church home for people striving to live more holy lives. We strive to love God above all and love our neighbors as ourselves. We are a small family of many nationalities and welcome all. Our church follows the old calendar Russian Orthodox practice. Our services are mostly in English, but often use old church Slavonic and sometimes old Greek.
- The church was founded by Jesus Christ and we follow an unbroken line from the apostles to this day.
- The apostles founded churches in many location across the Roman Empire. After many persecutions the church grew and spread. The Russian Orthodox Church was established in the ninth century. This church followed the traditions of the Byzantines and developed a style of worship and chant over the years that became distinctly Russian.
- The Russian Orthodox Church spread to America through Alaska in the 18th century. For many years the church in America was fostered and nurtured by the Russian Church
- The Russian Orthodox Church suffered a terrible persecution in Russia under the communists in the early 20th century.
- Almost all of the true Orthodox Churches in Russia were destroyed and the true believers went underground, or fled Russia and set up the Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia (ROCOR). Our parish roots are from such a church.
- In Russia, under Lenin and Stalin, the communists created a false church for their own political reasons, whose bishops came from the KGB. Under Lenin and especially Stalin, millions of Christians were killed or sent to camps just for trying to keep the true faith. These are the New Martyrs of Russia. St. Joseph of Petersburg was one of these martyrs.
- In the 21st century, the ROCOR joined back with the Church founded by the Communists which is still persecuting true believers and paying for its new "churches" with black market Russian mob money.
- We refused to join such a church and set out to find a true believing bishop. In so doing, we had to leave our church building and start fresh.
- We found a catacomb bishop to take us. This is Tikhon of Omsk and Siberia, the head of the Synod of the Russian True Orthodox Church (RTOC)
- We bought a church building 9 years ago on the feast of St. Joseph of Petersburg. We had to mortgage some of our homes and take out 3 mortgages to do this.
- This year we must pay off our first mortgage and believe we can do this with God's help and people's generosity.